Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Source for Dodge 5500 axle parts?

IceHole ยท 2024-03-01 16:36

08 Dodge. Has the 275 FBI Magna? Front axle. Rear is a S111. Needed a pinion seal for the front, it's the ONLY seal Schucks lists for either axle. Hopefully it's correct, had to be ordered in from Washington. Got me wondering, who would carry parts? Carrier seals, rear hub seals, etc?

Replies13
  1. #1Old Doug2024-03-01 20:25

    I am looking for some parts for a F550 front . Ford says obsolete. Sounds like Dodge has some deal like it?

  2. #2IceHole2024-03-02 03:12

    Should be a Dana 60 or Super 60

  3. #3cuttin edge2024-03-02 08:22

    Years ago, before the internet, I had a willy's jeep. I found the local bearing shop to be a good source for parts. They were able to cross part numbers for bearings, and seals. So many people order parts online, that these parts shops are closing

  4. #4Old Doug2024-03-02 08:22

    Yes but i call it the Dana obsolete . I think i will have to try the junk yard for parts.

  5. #5Old Doug2024-03-02 08:28

    This thing can have different width / length axles . From the Hundreds of hours i have spent looking there is no way to tell what axle it has. I have 4 Willys they were built using interchangeable parts unlike some fords.

  6. #6IceHole2024-03-02 10:43

    Willys Pronounced will-is. It's a last name, not a guy named Willy that owned it.

  7. #7IceHole2024-03-02 10:45

    Both are very easy to source parts.

  8. #8cuttin edge2024-03-02 14:54

    Maybe it was a CJ-5 and it belonged to Willy. Willy was my favorite uncle before....before he started thinking air ride was no good off road, and buying a dirtymax was a good move.

  9. #9Old Doug2024-03-06 15:33

    I know you were joking have looked every were for a new one i will have to get out and try the junkyards.

  10. #10IceHole2024-03-06 15:36

    No, not joking. I've GIVEN away D60s.

  11. #11cfherrman2024-03-06 20:46

    D60's are also in fords

  12. #12Bumpsteer2024-03-06 22:44

    Find a Dana distributor....there is a number stamped on the axle tube, close to the center section, he will need it to get parts. What truck its in means nothing to his system. Google "torque king 4x4". Ed

  13. #13IceHole2024-03-06 23:52

    And Chevy, Dodge, equipment, etc.