Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sourcing Hydraulic Seals For Telehandler

Mike4799 ยท 2022-05-24 09:25

I am trying to order a seal kit for the frame level cylinder on a JLG G6-42a. The cylinder has been leaking for a little while and it is time to fix it. It was a little disconcerting the first time I used it after the oil had leaked from the cylinder and the machine tilted over when a load was put on the forks. Anyway... serial number is 0160009585. The markings on the cylinder are as follows. 9147-3069 1358541 103380 356L-27 Looking at online manual the serial number puts in the last group. So I guess I need seal kit 70021633. It looks like the cost of this kit averages about $350. Is there a way to find this cheaper by not buying the seals as this kit? This is the first time I have dealt with this. Also why is it called a frame level cylinder in one spot and frame sway cylinder in another? Everyone always mentions Hercules.com for seals. I checked there and this part number does not come up and searching by model does not show a g6-42a as an option. If I go back one serial number grouping and search that seal kit part number brings up more hits and much cheaper, around $140. What is the best way to get these parts. Thanks. You guys are the best...

Replies1
  1. #1Mike47992022-05-24 16:19

    I was mistaken about which serial number grouping I should be in. All those digits confused me. I am one grouping back which should be seal kit 91404172 which comes up in a search and is reasonable priced. Thanks.