Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Spectra GL712 issues

panos2171 ยท 2016-10-27 02:40

Hi, i have a GL712 transmiter that i cannot work with a windy weather. Is there any option to change its sensitivity or something like this?

Replies5
  1. #1Shimmy12016-10-27 23:48

    Keeping the tripod as low as you can helps, but other than that, wind is the enemy. One of the reasons I switched to GPS on my scraper.

  2. #2panos21712016-10-28 05:17

    Thanks for the reply. So there isnt any setting in the menu for this? I think the 600 series has it, the 700 not? :Banghead

  3. #3Shimmy12016-10-29 23:11

    I have a 722, and I don't know of anything.

  4. #4aog_allen2016-10-30 15:57

    Wind is the enemy, you can build a trailer that has a larger footprint to help offset the rocking the wind causes, my dad did that. You can increase the deadband on your receiver, or go GPS.

  5. #5Twisted2016-11-27 12:48

    It's always windy up here so one trick I use it to fill a 5 gallon pail with dirt or rocks and place it directly below the tripod. Attach a tarp strap from the pail to the tripod to keep down pressure on it. Stomp the feet in good and this trick works for all but the worst days.