My machine has has a different engine swapped in that makes its rated power at 2600RPM vs the OEM engine at 2200RPM. Is it fine to spin it faster to stay in the meat of the power or should I run it lower? If it's fine for the pump I should just expect faster movements right?
Find pump’s specks there’s should be the max. continuous RPM listed. Don’t forget to calculate new system GPM by obtaining pumps displacement and multiply it by new max. RPMs, and see if your system is capable of the passing new max. flow through.
I would look at that engine’s power curve and Finn the RPMs with highest torque and that’s would be my max. RPMs. Unless you’re severely lacking in speed. Highest Horse power ( or KW) doesn’t mean the best efficiency.
Most pumps have a maximum RPM rating. Treat it as never exceed or it's gona cost
It sounds like you swapped an emissions engine for an earlier, non-emissions engine. Many manufacturers swapped in larger hydraulic pumps to make up for the lower engine rpm of the emissions engines, some didn't. It may be worth a look at the manufacturers data as to what was changed if this is the case.
Hi everyone! Sorry for being off topic. What can you say about this ø25 4 flange taper shaft - https://metkoff.fi/category/hydraulic-pumps-amp-motors/gear-pumps/gr-1/o25-4-flange-taper-shaft/ ?
What do you want to know about it?
I am interested in the quality of this product and whether it is worth ordering it from this company
Never used it, but I never met Italian made pump that was of a low quality. My experience with pumps like this is CASAPPA pumps. What important Is right application and maintenance! Wrong application and no maintenance will kill any pump or motor!
Machine is a early 90's model. Both motors are not emissions compliant. The newer engine is smaller displacement so makes it's power a little higher up. I didn't do the swap.
What is the make and model of the machine? The industry as a whole is going to running engines slower and changing the calibration of the pumps so that they put out more oil at a lower rpm.
Hitachi EX60-2. Good luck finding detailed pump specs on it
Send a picture of the pump, name plate also if possible.
I would consider this sentiment to be gospel....
I think that engine cannot be interchangeable! Their spec. are too difference!! Genuine Engine of EX60-2 is Nissan BD3004. Main pump is UCHIDA A10VD43. I guess 2600 rpm is a truck's engine!!! I know some model of Nissan BD30....series engine reach to 3800 rpm (faster than electric motor speed)!!!
It is for Hitachi pumps but you'd have to check the specifications of other manufacturers like Rexroth, Danfoss etc.
Just to clear things up, the governor is set to 2300RPM. It's a 2.2L Kubota and it runs pretty good. RPM's do drop a bit at relief, but it's not bad. I'm thinking of building a low boost turbo setup in the future to get it back to spec. The original engine ran away and the guy swapped in the first decent motor he could find in a rush. He did a good job it's just a bit underpowered. The rest of the machine is in good shape and I got it for a good deal so I'm still happy with it.