Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

split firewood delivery trucks

fyrwood guy ยท 2011-04-19 15:24

seems like there are no split firewood trucks here, so i think we need to post'em here's my "little fleet" 2011 6.6 duramax 1989 C70 gas w/juice brakes 1985 K30 454 4x4 4-speed man.

Replies7
  1. #1Beachslock2011-04-19 20:13

    Sweet I like the red Dump truck bigger load get work done with less trips

  2. #2old timer2011-05-15 18:20

    Takes 1-1/2 cord green legally, 2 cord (stacked on) illegally.

  3. #3CM19952016-08-02 19:05

    The red Chevy brings back memories of working summers as a laborer. Nice truck. There is a wood yard here that delivers hickory and oak to the restaurants in my area that has a flat bed dump that is sectioned off, I think it's 3 sections. Basically they load a section for a customer and can dump that section only. Go to the second customer, pull the pins holding the divider and dump that amount.

  4. #4fyrwood guy2016-08-04 18:17

    yup,i still use it...did 2 loads today 1 14" 1 16" :drinkup

  5. #5fyrwood guy2016-08-04 18:34

    good idea on divider,i thought of doing that but i'd need a bigger truck. all I stockpile now is oak.it justs gets better the longer it sits. here's a little pile, I like to have 2-4 hundred cord on hand,but wood's getting harder & harder to get hauled in

  6. #6DDoug2016-08-04 20:54

    I have cut down trees, cut up the logs, Carried, hauled, and split oodles for others. I have worked on and even built a log splitter for others. I have gas heat.... I have come to the conclusion that wood burners should drive a large chipper directly into the woods, and handle it all with silo's and augers... Blow it right into the boiler. Nice looking trucks though....

  7. #7Birken Vogt2016-08-05 01:36

    You said it right there...I have gas heat also. I stock up on firewood to burn in the glass front stove when company comes over. My shed isn't very big and half of it is devoted to storing machinery. I hand split what I have here even though I have access to a huge semi automated wood splitter. I feel like it keeps me from getting too fat.