Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stanadyne Fuel Injection Pump

dlukes · 2024-07-26 16:02

I have a 1993 Caterpillar 416B with a 4 cy diesel. I have fuel weeping out of the positive terminal for the shutoff solenoid. Is there supposed to be fuel in the solenoid compartment or am I looking at a new injector pump?

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-07-26 17:34

    The solenoid is surrounded by fuel.. It’s sealed from both the top AND BOTTOM.. U might get lucky and remove the top nut on both “studs” and snugging up the bottom nut, 11/32 socket..

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-07-26 22:41

    If it still leaks, lemme know and I’ll send u the seals.. Oh.. be very careful not to break the screws holding the top cover on.!!! U can contact me directly at: My screen name at aoldotcom in your home email..

  3. #3dlukes2024-07-28 09:55

    Awesome! Thank your for the feedback! I will let you know!