Does anyone know of a reasonably priced alternative to the Stanley nitrogen charge kit for these hammers or know the proper threat for the charge port and where to get it? I acquired one of these from a combat engineer vehicle. It appears unused and maybe 20 years old. I finally got around to using it and of course the seals are old and quickly failed and it leaks now like a screen door on a submarine. To replace the seals you have to discharge the nitrogen from the accumulator then recharge it. Stanley wants $600 for the friggin' little charge kit. That is robbery and stupid money. I see all manner of kits on Ebay for the job but not certain the fittings will fit the charge port on the hammer. Help appreciated. I built a fixture for the quick attach plate and affixed the driver to it, bought a 3" pin driver and it beats posts in at least 5' so far with little effort. I'd like to get back to post pounding.
PM sent