Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Starter replacement john deere 323e skid steer

filmoresegg ยท 2025-02-14 07:08

I need the steps to remove the starter?

Replies9
  1. #1Vetech632025-02-14 08:58

    You remove whatever you have to gain access. Undo the wiring at the solenoid and any ground wire that may be attached to it. Remove the flange bolts. Installed............Reverse the above order.

  2. #2filmoresegg2025-02-14 09:00

    I can't gain access to two of the bolts, I'm wondering if the fuel tank on these machines have to be moved to gain access, because the head of the bolt is resting on the tank!

  3. #3Vetech632025-02-14 09:02

    Do you have the cab tilted?

  4. #4filmoresegg2025-02-14 09:03

    Yes and we can get the top bolt out but the bottom 2 we can't get too!

  5. #5Vetech632025-02-14 09:05

    I believe you have to come from the back of the starter with an extension and wobble socket.

  6. #6filmoresegg2025-02-14 09:06

    This blue circle is the fuel tank and the head of the bolt we need to get too is the blue dot.

  7. #7Vetech632025-02-14 09:10

    See if your engine mounts are flat. The engine may be sitting too low if that's the case.

  8. #8filmoresegg2025-02-14 09:15

    Lord I hope not it's only got 1600 hrs on the machine

  9. #9mg23612025-02-15 05:34

    Long extension with a wobble socket from the radiator end. It's a bit**, but can be done. The fuel tank can't be moved with the engine in place.