With times as slow as it is. Should a guy stay in the trucking biss. and wait for things to pick up? so many guys have allready let their trucks go back to the bank,or auction block. I'am trying to hold on. maybe this spring it will pick up. I own and opperate a 93 frieghtliner tandem,and newholland loader. let me hear your thoughts. KEEP THEM WHEELS ROLLING. OSI:·)»
It's like everything else, if you can hold on while others bite the dust, you will be in a good position when things turn around and pick up. If you are getting in a bind financially don't go down with the sinking ship, park it, find other work if possible and wait it out. I would not try to sell the equipment if I could live with it, you won't get much for it. What kind of work have you been doing with the tandem? I have a tandem, it stays parked mostly, if it was a triaxle I could get more work for it.
Don't try to sell now unless it's to someone you know who won't jerk you around and it's absolutely necessary. You won't get jack for used equipment right now. I'm buying everything I always wanted for 50 c on the dollar that I can afford in preparation of a turnaround.....whenever that comes. Just like stocks-buy low, sell high.