Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

steam fair

d4c24a ยท 2007-08-27 14:12

some pictures from a local steam fair and country show i went to today,quite a good turnout and the sun was out all day,there is even a early john deere for countryboy

Replies6
  1. #1d4c24a2007-08-27 14:14

    more a few more pictures hope you enjoy cheers graham

  2. #2Countryboy2007-08-27 19:28

    Cool pictures man. :drinkup The little John Deere looks pretty neat but then I scrolled down and the military trucks caught my eye. You got any information on them 2 trucks?

  3. #3CM19952007-08-27 19:31

    Good pics d4c24a! Is the green truck a Leyland too?

  4. #4Countryboy2007-08-27 20:01

    Is that what the little tag on the hood of that yaller one says? I looked at it hard... even had my eyes squinted ...and couldn't make it out for the life of me. :beatsme So are those Leylands foreign to the US...or do we have them over here too? I have a soft spot in me for military equipment, but I must say that I've never heard of that company.

  5. #5CM19952007-08-27 20:16

    CB - I'll be honest for some reason I saw the tag on that 'yaller truck and Leyland popped into my head.:beatsme Funny how the mind works, I don't know much about 'em but must have seen it before. I did a search and found out that Paccar actually owns Leyland now. http://www.paccar.com/products/leyland.asp I too like military equipment, 'specially old stuff. As far as 'squittin the eyes, a few years back the eye doc put the laser to my eyes and I can see pretty darn good now.

  6. #6d4c24a2007-08-28 01:19

    trucks the yellow one with the crane is a leyland martian and the green one is a scammell i not sure of the model,both once great British truck makers now disappeared its a shame thanks graham