Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

steel arm to be bolted to the bucket loader made home

trombeur ยท 2016-07-15 04:02

hello, for technical reasons we will have to build an arm to be bolted to a bucket loader we need to demolish the old house brick and wood about 10 meters high, this arm will serve as a battering ram to break down the part most high, as recommended to build it there? thanks expect tips http://www.macchinedilinews.it/files/2013/01/FIAT-FL12-7.jpg http://www.macchinedilinews.it/files/2013/01/FIAT-FL12-1.jpg http://www.macchinedilinews.it/files/2013/01/FIAT-FL12-5.jpg:confuso:

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies15
  1. #1Catpower2016-07-29 08:44

    I would remove the bucket and build a frame to attach to the lift arms/ hyd cylinders with a strong back across to support since your going to use it a battering ram. Using angle iron to support the end of the hoist , I Beam sized depending how much your machine can lift and how much side force will be anticipated. Would be a good project to do.

  2. #2trombeur2016-07-31 10:31

    Thanks to your participation, you have ideas to be submitted, as costruireste you to also use the arm to lift weights type hoist crane, thanks asuggerimenti and detailed guidance, the next http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Caterpillar/C664334?$cc-g$

  3. #3RBMcCloskey2016-07-31 19:52

    It was very common to use a 12" diameter Schedule 80 pipe pole, 30 LF. long mounted in a 14" diameter 5 LF. long pipe attached to the backside of the bucket of a Caterpillar 977H, 977K or 977L crawler loader, on the end of the pipe was mounted a flat plate with a hook facing up and a hook facing down, these hooks could be used to pick, pry, push and pull the structure. When you wanted to remove the pole you set two stands on the ground, and maneuvered the pole on the for support, pulled the pin in the 14" pipe and backed away. A friend of mine, Ron David had them on his two 977L's and it was like using his hand to demolish the old brick warehouses in Newark, NJ in the 1970's and 1980's. A very popular tool in the New York Metropolitan area.

  4. #4DB22016-07-31 21:41

    Would like to see a picture RBMcCloskey .

  5. #5trombeur2016-08-01 05:02

    would you be so kind as to post photos or drawing with measurements with a tool like that bolted with plates and bolts used it my friend of old fl 14 crawler loader, would you do me a great kindness I'm sorry if I demand too much thank you for your contributions https://youtu.be/oIcviVtz1jA https://youtu.be/X-gckN7bKtI :confuso:

  6. #6Welder Dave2016-08-01 13:06

    Your tracks look as tight as piano wire.

  7. #7RBMcCloskey2016-08-01 18:36

    I am looking, I will get back to you.

  8. #8DB22016-08-01 19:52

    Thank you !

  9. #9RBMcCloskey2016-08-02 10:34

    http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/hvo/5668663975.html Click on the link and it will show you what it looks like. Bob

  10. #10trombeur2016-08-03 04:08

    thanks for your invaluable contribution and your precise indications if other users have other suggestions or photos best solutions, I invite them to participate and intervene in the discussion, perhaps enclosing photos videos or other designs, thanks to good to make the next

  11. #11DB22016-08-03 15:25

    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing

  12. #12trombeur2016-08-04 03:38

    very simple and effective, excuse me if I insist, like you used to hook it on the machine and to operate safely? you could make a simple scheme with

  13. #13lgammon2021-10-01 00:09

    This is what I'm thinking

  14. #14lgammon2022-11-27 12:52
  15. #15lgammon2022-12-18 22:43

    Thanks for the input guys