Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steel Girder Erection

CheeseHead · 2008-10-01 21:23

This was a two crane pick with a Terex HC210 (210 ton) and a NorthWest.(unknown tonnage) I was oiling on the Terex and we were setting beams on a barge so take note on the headache ball, what does it look like to you? :beatsme After posting this thread you really cannot tell that I painted the ball like a bobber.

Replies16
  1. #1CheeseHead2008-10-01 21:35

    Just a few more pics for you guys

  2. #2Dig-UP2008-10-01 22:26

    Are you in Milwaukee??? Awesome photos!

  3. #3CheeseHead2008-10-02 21:00

    Yes I am

  4. #4Lashlander2008-10-02 22:00

    Nice pictures Cheesehead. Why do they leave rigging hanging from the whipline. Looks like it would get fouled with the mainline when walking around.

  5. #5CheeseHead2008-10-02 22:19

    These guys crawl real slow around the site, sometime ya gotta look real hard to see if they are moving.

  6. #6trainwreck2008-10-02 23:16

    so what the job of the oiler on a crane like this?

  7. #7fensoncont.2008-10-05 10:44

    Awesome pics, thanks for posting.

  8. #8CheeseHead2008-10-05 12:01

    Wash windows, grease her up, make sure swing are is clear, proper hand signals, maybe some seat time Oiling sucks esp if you do not want to be a crane operator

  9. #9TSK4152008-10-23 21:51

    The NorthWest is 150 tons. I was oiler on it for a time.

  10. #10Crane Op2008-10-23 22:00

    You'll get your chance sometime Brother!

  11. #11surfer-joe2008-10-24 00:09

    Yeah, I think the Northwest is a 180D model at 150 Ton capacity as rigged. Newer model too from the paint scheme. Tough ole cranes!

  12. #12Lashlander2008-10-24 21:25

    Hey Crane Op. Welcome to the forum.

  13. #13Crane Op2008-10-24 21:32

    ^^ Thanks Lashlander! I think i'm going to enjoy it here

  14. #14TSK4152008-10-26 23:13

    Surfer-joe, thanks I couldn't remember the model. I agree - built solid.

  15. #15cat345bl2008-11-06 15:51

    wonderful pics cheesehead

  16. #16Dug Overburden2008-11-12 01:37

    Northwest crane Vintage crane, my favorite type of crane. Nice to see one still working. Never seen any set up as a lift crane, only ones were draglines.