Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

steer pump troubles RT65S

shipman ยท 2015-08-12 13:40
Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2015-08-12 15:11

    You need a new gazinta, and also the gazonta... bad news.

  2. #2ichudov2015-08-12 15:18

    What happened, the pump locked up, and the shaft adapter bracket broke?

  3. #3lantraxco2015-08-12 15:23

    Looks more like the splines just wore out.

  4. #4shipman2015-08-12 15:38

    Splines just wore out, got a call into my grove dealer, the pump is a EATON 26012-LAE, but I need that drive as well, 5/8 X 9 spline to 1-1/4 X 14 spline.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-08-12 15:53

    This place has the pump at a great price, if they can deliver: http://www.go2hydraulics.com/produc...raulic-gear-pump-1-77-cu-in-displacement.html Could have a machine shop cut that adapter down, weld on a splined hub, in an emergency: http://www.zoro.com/hub-city-precision-splined-hub-58-splines-9-0332-00032/i/G4378333/

  6. #6Knepptune2015-08-12 19:36

    Had a 740 that did the same thing. The pump was fine the adapter was just wore smooth. I just took one off our old junk 65s. I didn't even check the price from grove. I'd probably take it to a machine shop and see what they can do with it.

  7. #7shipman2015-08-12 22:43

    could have the machine shop worn cut the worn end off adapter and turn it end for end, there is still plenty of good spline down in there, also my pump outlets are out the rear but I think a side outlet pump would fit with some street elbows...but that is plan B....

  8. #8FSERVICE2015-08-13 22:07

    a good machine shop can make you a new spline drive.. I am lucky to have a shop in town that is capable!!