Well it’s been too long since I have been on here, but I have a quick question for some of the most knowledgeable people in the field. I just purchased another BD2G. It has the new steering clutch assembly that hasn’t been installed yet and the old one is gone. The 8 bolts that go thru the springs and screw into a round plate on the outs side of the assembly have a rectangular retainer clip (4 retainer clips, one clip for every 2 bolts) I’ve looked in the service manual for proper torque however I can’t find it. There is torque for the mounting bolts on each side the assembly and torque for the larger bolt just outside the assembly and toward the center of the rear end. I’ve googled but I can’t reconcile what Google says with what I’m seeing in the manual. Does anyone have the proper torque for these bolts.
Are they standard bolts or special bolts? If standard should be able to use recommended torque for that size and grade of bolt. If you use lubricant or anti-sieze adjust torque to suit. If other torque specs. are listed and they aren't might not be real critical, just tight.
Thanks for the info! The bolts are 10.9 M10 1.25 They go thru a sleeve inside a spring. There are 8 of them in a circle. (Pressure plate?) if you can look at an online BD2G service manual pages 406-413 there is a picture of what I’m referring to. Torque is given for other bolts except for the long bolt A11,A12 point to the bolt and retainer clip but no torque like in other bolts on page
Maybe the torque spec. is typical for all the bolts? If not maybe someone is more familiar and knows the torque.
Thanks! Found it. 25 ft lbs
If there is no torque given by the application shown in the manual, the you use the standard torque given in the front of the service manual. One of my Komatsu service manuals lists a bolt with a 10 millimeter thread diameter as needing 65.7 Nm or 6.7 kgm which I convert to 48.6 foot pounds of torque. That is usually for a 12.9 grade of bolt. Those are alway nominal torque values so I would just round that up to 50 foot pounds. If you have book for the BG2 I would suggest checking for that nominal bolt torque just to check what I'm stating here.