Bought a 2004 Case MXU100 at auction. Has 4000hrs. I decided to change all fluids and filters. After I did the hydraulic oil and filters the steering is very week and foaming up the oil. I believe it’s air in the system. Not sure how the air got in the system and what would be the best way to get it out? Or do I have bigger issue? This is my first ag tractor, going to be used for snow removal.
I'm finding several of the similar models have has issue with the pump loosing prime. The foaming would tell me its sucking air and will damage the pump. Did you use case filters or equivalent ?
I used case filters. I played around with it a bit more today. Only when you use the steering will it start to foam. I tired bleeding it by letting air out at the steering cylinder but it just keeps foaming up. How would I prime the system?
Not familiar with the case but I don't see the need to bleed anything, no others need that, but not saying case would or would not. There is only one pump which send fluid thru everything. For it to start foaming only when steering is used, I would look in that area first