Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steering gear box kaput!

Tom Spivak ยท 2008-12-06 16:57

My Michigan 75A straight frame just developed a steering gear box problem, kind of a snap then would'nt steering left. Managed to get it up the lane and now won't go right. Took the control arm off and if I steer it to either direction and apply pressure to the arm it just crunches it's way back to the other side. Didn't get it off yet but what might I expect to find inside and should I just go looking for another gear box?

Replies2
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-12-07 00:35

    Take it apart first, then go look for another one. Should be some available up your way. They were a popular machine a ways back.

  2. #2Tom Spivak2008-12-25 23:08

    Luis Cano from Minpar in Vegas found one for me rebuilt exact match, super guys there, highly recommend them.