Hi, I have a 1989 komatsu d20a-7 with 2600hrs on it.The machine is not use on a weekly basis. I made the mastake of putting on the lock 2 years ago and it sat a bit.I went to use it and it would not steer left.I got it to free up last year just by luck but it was juct not as sensitive as the other side. it froze again and will not turn left using the left lever. By pulling back on the lever to hard it smokes a bit out of the adjuster on the left side and chocks the motor a bit if you pull back on the lever to hard.Any advice woulg be great. Thanks
Well by the sounds of it the clutches aren't releasing because you say it boggs the motor down when trying to steer so the brakes are grabbing. This is probably an indication you need to open the bad side and replace the clutches and steel disc.Or at least be able to see what else it could be. Contact me directly if you have any other questions and or parts.