On our Caterpillar D6 9U machine where is the adjustment so that when you pull back the lever it will disengage the clutch a quicker? Presently it disengages almost at the seat. Whereas the other side begins to disengage almost halfway back toward the seat. Would the adjustment be at the steering clutches or the steering clutches hydraulic control unit? I hope I am asking the question correctly. Thank you for any help.
The stering cluch lever should have 3 3/4inchs free movement at top lever your machine should need adjustement and the adjustement is under the seat and you need to removed the cover with 4 screw and adjuste the nut on the top yoke ,you need to loose the jam nut and turne the big taper nut clockwise until your top stering cluch is 3 3/4
Thank you Hector for replying: I would need to adjust Number 12 correct until we have 3 3/4 inches of free movement.
HI Yes it is the adjustement and dont forget to tight the lock nut after adjustement