Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steering problem Massey 231

moosefd ยท 2016-09-13 23:26

I have a 1995 Massey 231 diesel problem is the steering has never worked very well even when new. Noticed fluid leaking from under steering wheel . Question is steering valve ( I don't know what else to call it if you are not familiar with this the steering wheel is attached directly to it )rebuild able or do I have to buy a new one or can I get a reman somewhere? Also is the power steering pump rebuild able or do I have to purchase a new one? Anyone know what pressure pump should be putting out? Thanks in advance Carl

Replies2
  1. #1bronco712016-09-14 19:26

    The steering valve/motor is rebuildable, and a new one is expensive! I have seen some on ebay for less but there are several different ones. I'm not sure of the pressure or if the pump can be rebuilt.

  2. #2moosefd2017-03-04 18:59

    Purchased new pump off eBay for 123 dollars as ** dealer wanted 400 plus for factory pump and 289 for aftermarket . Repaired leaking cylinder and now it drives like new again.