Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sterling nightmare

Criss Brock · 2025-05-14 16:25

Hey guys I have a 99 sterling a9500. Foot brake valve froze/rusted and needed replaced. So in the process of replacing my boss came and disconnected all the air lines to it before I could mark where all the lines went before removing. So I connected all the lines where I supposed they went and now I’m having multiple problems. Pto works for only about 30 seconds, building secondary pressure no primary etc etc. I was wondering if anyone has a diagram for the foot brake valve possibly with the hose color and where it goes?? Thanks for the help in advance!!

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-05-14 17:44

    A few possibilities--download a online manual $$, go to a salvage yard that possibly has one that vintage and draw out a diagram, or member Tyler-d4c has a sterling he can snap a photo of the foot valve on his. Airline diagrams are hard to come buy for the fact so many different models/year changes. Most are close to same.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2025-05-14 18:39

    That that i can do it maybe missing a line or 2 as its the parts rig now ill get some next time im at the shop. Probably tomarrow night

  3. #3Vetech632025-05-14 18:41

    I’ve been trying to keep those out of my birdhouses for weeks now but the wife won’t let me shoo……… oh wait…

  4. #4Criss Brock2025-05-15 09:19

    I found a diagram for a sterling L-line do you think that would be close or the same? Tyler d4c I appreciate the pic if you get a chance

  5. #5Tyler d4c2025-05-15 14:14

    no idea if it will help much

  6. #6Truck Shop2025-05-15 16:45

    Very close.