Hey guys, do you think a container trailer frame, like this one- http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/...6-chassis-king-20-tri-axle-heavy-duty-chassis would be heavy enough to carry this style of stone slinger box? http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trucks/for-sale/6133981/1999-mack-rd688s Seems like it would be handy to have one on a semi trailer rather then plating another tandem. What do you guys think?
I looked at the stone slinger first. When I read your post, my first thought of your saying a "container trailer" was of one of those things with a dolly in front, or a short flatbed. My thought then was a perfect trailer would be a short, old style three or four axle drop deck lowboy. Then I opened the link for the trailer and saw it was very similar to the picture I had in my head of a trailer. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Mount an auxiliary hydraulic unit on it with a pony engine and you wouldn't even need a tractor with a wet kit to pull it. If that box could be mounted far enough ahead on the trailer, you might not even have enough box to get overloaded.
I have thought about doing the same thing. I seen a trailer mounted one for sale a couple of years ago seem like it was a longer and lower body. there are 3 or 4 companies around my area that are running trucks a few of them are 7axle straight trucks . I have watched them a couple of times and sold a few of them stone I kinda decided thats it's different market and another iron that I didn't need to keep hot:dizzy they really make a mess and it take 10-15 min to clean off the back of the truck so you can go down the road.
Seems doable. Those 20' containers can gross up to ~60,000. I don't know the trailer is designed to handle that, but i'd be surprised if it wasn't with the tridem and gooseneck. Then there is always this option if you know an engineer. You'd laugh if you know how much effort i put in to digging this thread up. HeavyEquipmentForums
A normal container frame I would say no, but something like that one should be peachy.
Anything is possible. I was just at Gci today to pick up our new stone slinger. They are putting one on a cat haul truck for a mine.
Thats a cool unit!!
This one is full remote:
It‘s cool!!! ,i just have many trailers
Very nice unit lantraxco!
I would use a fruehauf or other straight chassis, but that's pretty much the setup used here until they changed the weight laws. Works quite well.