Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stone Wolfpac 3100 issues

nedly05 ยท 2015-08-05 18:38

Hi Guys, I have a little stone wolfpac 3100 with a honda motor. It runs great for a few minutes, then it acts like it is starving for fuel. We've changed the filter, and cleaned the carb. Also drained the tank and got a bunch of crap out of it. When it starts to mess up, letting it set for a few minutes seems to help, then it will go again. Also, occasionally it seems like engaging the vibrator will cause it to mess up. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1clintm2015-08-05 20:42

    trash in the line?

  2. #2nedly052015-08-06 05:34

    Thanks clintm, its got an electronic pump inline, it pumps good, we took the line off on the supply side and blew back to the tank. Another thing that makes me think its a fuel issue is that the little clear plastic filter will fill to the line sometimes, and others it will be completely full. Should I replace the little electronic pump? Maybe there is trash in the pump?

  3. #3CM19952015-08-06 06:51

    Check the carb Nedly, ethanol destroys carbs.

  4. #4nedly052015-08-08 06:31

    I saw a carb kit online, I might look in to that.

  5. #5CM19952015-08-08 09:14

    I just order a cylinder/piston rebuild kit for my Husky saw from these guys - http://stores.dhsequipmentparts.com Reasonable on price and they have a large selection of Honda engine parts.

  6. #6nedly052015-08-28 17:20

    Thanks CM, We have it narrrowed down to the left side ignition coil, so I tried locally to get the parts but got frustrated and ordered them (bought both sides) through your link. The picture looks like the part so hopefully they will be right. Thanks!!

  7. #7CM19952015-08-28 19:07

    No problem Nedly, glad to be of help.:drinkup