Hi everyone My brother and I have just finished repairing the track adjusters on our d4. We are looking to spray the whole undercarriage with a rust preventative, but don't know what to use. I've searched the forum, but can't find anything on this topic, so I was wondering what the pros use! We have used oil, oil mixed with diesel and fish oil all with little success :beatsme Thanks for your trouble! Ross
Fluid Film by Eureka chemical. Spray,or brush, non toxic, lanolin based, use on my salt trucks and treat all fuel and brake lines, no problem. Most DEERE DEALERS SELL IT.
equip guy thanks for your response. I ended up using shell ensis fluid SDC, its a diesel like consistency and dries to a wax. It hasn't been on for long enough to know how well it works. My brother works for a john deere dealership, ill ask him about fluid film
X2 for Fluid Film---NOTHING is better.I too treat my plow truck,salter,all my excavating iron,binders,anything needs lubing or protecting that doesn't demand an EP grease.DO NOT however get it from Deere unless you are the type who lights your Cohibas with a $100 bill.Go online and get it from one of the industrial on-line superstores like McMaster--I think last year I paid app. $6.50 per spray can when you buy a case of 12.Deere gets more than twice that.If you need to spray an entire truck down,get a bulk application with a special[fairly cheap] gun to apply.
does fluid film leave a wax coating? I have used lps 3 in the airline industry to coat floor beams and the belly. They also use a product called dinol but not sure where you can get it and i bet it is pricy. Lps 3 is about $10 bucks a can.
Lanotec might be worth looking into, they are in Queensland, their products are lanolin based. http://www.lanotecaustralia.com.au/pages/products/heavylanolin RnR.
If your question is-does it stay put? Yes,absolutely.Looks ugly as sin,sort of like runny snot,smells fantastic though.You can also buff it out like what I do on my inside of my pickup box before I put my salter on.If you ever need to paint over it,you'll have to powerwash and use a good detergent.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxEvlPsGvRA Here's a cool little video on FF
Tuney that video you posted reminds me of when I was looking for electronic rust proofing for my ute, I looked on the internet and saw videos showing how good it was, so I get it put in, and let's just say I should've kept my money! I trust you guys in the forum, but think twice about what you see on the net!
Here's Dano,the FF rep in a video,maybe you'll like this one better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up8CTEvlTk4&feature=related