I stalled my Samsung se 130 LC2. It has a Cummins 4BT motor.. I was pushing dirt with the bucket and it stalled in this position. Now it won’t restart. Idk if it was the pump pressure that stalled it and the pressure is still on it? I though it’s an high pressure? So cracking a line to release some presser bust could be dangerous? Fuel solenoid seems to be working. Any suggestions?
That’s an interesting looking helicop……..errr…I mean excavator you have there. Did it stall abruptly or stutter and slowly die? How hard were you pushing the dirt? was it really loading the machine when pushing? Have you had any fuelling issues with it in the recent past?
Will it crank? If it is cranking is it slower then usual? It is possible that pump pressure is loading up starter i would of thought it would dissipate fairly quickly. Pressure after the spool valves is a totally different thing. Be careful cracking lines with hydraulic pressure in them.
Stuttered briefly then anhut down abruptly, I may have pushed it pretty hard not realizing how much dirt was behind it. Usually it stutters and I back off but didn’t catch it this time. Yes it really loads it when I push.unless it’s a little bit. I’ve only had the matching about 12-14 hours.. no real troubles except a starter replacement. Couple times no start but they were cold mornings.
Yes it cranks.. fairly fast too. Usually it starts right up. Yes When I get the batteries recharged I will try to bleed the injectors. As far as the hydraulic lines… If I end up doing that I would loosen slightly and let it weep.
Good move, Get batteries charged, bleed fuel and go from there, definitely sounds like a fuelling issue. I had the same thing happen on a 6bt, returned to machine a couple days later, bled the system and she fired right up. Not sure what happened. How many hours on machine and do you know when the filters were last changed?
Hours are unknown. Undercarriage is good so either its sub 5k hrs or undercarriage was replaced and it’s 8k.. fuel filters are within 20 hrs. Oil filter within 10 hrs.. hydraulic filters are unknown.
Yep if it cranks its not from hydraulic pressure. I personally wouldnt crack a line until I released the line pressure. Do do by neutralising the boom position and floating the levers. Stalling sounds like fuel restriction. As above change filters and blow back lines to tank. Also check fuel tank breather.
Bled the lines and it started.. thanks for all the help guys!
Update: bled the injectors and it started! Thanks for the help.