I thought it'd be about time to put some pics up of real machinery...so here we go! :drinkup Today we went over to the scrapyard and all three Fuchs (304?) were working loading the baler and sorting metal. The Link-Belt (4300?) was sitting off to the side. This was as far as I could get without permission from an employee. There was, among other things sitting around, a dump bed off a 50-ton size Euc or Terex and the house of an old P&H crane. The sceond pic is of one of their 235's which ave sitting around for a few months. I don't know if they're for sale, as they usually work the life out of their machines and the Cats are in operating condition. The other one was moved over to the back of the garage and looked like it might have got a new boom. :beatsme The other three are of a job down the street from there, only got the two Hitachis and the Kawasaki but they also had a 450J and a upper-mini-size Kobelco. (yeah, that left Hitachi is practically new! I believe it's a 220 ) That's all for today! More later...
Cool pics stretch
Well then, how about a few from a while back? Just some assorted pics...
Hey Burnout and CM...this one's for you guys! Demolition of the old Water Dept. building. Stamford Wrecking is the contractor. Too bad they didn't pull out their PC1250 for the job. -# 1, 2, 3: What model Cat is this? I couldn't get close enough to tell. -Never saw a duck in demolition but here's a M318 with a demo grapple. -The old Ideal Forging complex is next...I don't know when they'll start but probably over the summer or next year.
I wonder how they are going to handle those hammer bases at Ideal? I tried to move one once with a D7,actually Linc Mongillos old dozer and I ended up digging a hole and burying it and I had a hard time pushing it into the hole.It is sad to see progress sometimes but life moves forward whether we go along with it or not.Ron G
great demo pictures, stretch. yeah, too bad they didn't hit it with the PC1250, that would have been awesome to see.
Well, I was kidding since the Water Dept. is only a small garage/office building but if the Ideal developers hire Stamford to do the wrecking, then that project may be big enough to bring in something of that size. Hey Ron, I've never been in the Ideal buildings so I'm afraid I haven't seen them. Maybe something like the PC1250 could take them out. In that last picture, there is a dilapitated building on the right with the interesting window design. That is actually the only building being saved on the project. I live so close to it that I still wake up during the summer and hear the old drop forges banging away. :beatsme They used to be my alarm clock until they shut down and I had to get an actual clock.
cool pictures stretch!
There were times those old hammers ran 24 hours a day.Seems to me that they used to shut down midafternoon because of the heat in the summer and go back to work after it cooled off. My BIL used to work at Rex Forge and he said that when the hammer bases were delivered the pavement used to break under the wheels of the trucks. The one I moved with the D7 was a small one too. As I remember they came by rail.With the price of scrap it might be worth handling a few times. The millrights used to get them moved around where they needed them alright but those steam hammers had humongous bases. I imagine when the time comes to dispose of them they will bring in what is necessary and be done with it.I will bet part of the plan will be to cut them up in pieces as there is no need to keep them whole any longer.Ron G
All the old forging machinery is gone to where else...China!!! They had trucks there last year moving everything out in pieces. Most of the water Dept. is gone now, but they have yet to haul it all away. More pics soon now that I'm out for summer...we're building a house this summer so pics in a few weeks hopefully, more from Water Dept., and maybe Brunalli's yard later.
Went for a walk today... -Can you see the Dynahoe off in the bushes? -Michigan 175 (I think) non-articulating and an older Hitachi behind it under repair. -Hitachi and a P&H crane house and undercarriage. -Case-Drott 1800 crane assisting with the Hitachi repairs. -What a find...an old Euc! :usa
-Ford tanker in front, White & Autocar trucks in the background. Brunalli's fleet is still mostly Autocar and White, with a few Chevys and Fords mixed in. -Water Dept.-hauling out stuff today, lunch break so no action now. -loader at rest
Anyone in town can tell you that our Downtown is going to look completely different within th next few years. -The loader, carrying that giant piece of rubble, hit some sort of utility line, hence the mist, and I thought it would make a neat pic so I took this one. It died out a few seconds later. (Oh yeah, the loader is a 973.) -The duck in action. -One duck in town is rare, but TWO!!! What a treat. This one was rented out from W.I. Clark to VMS Construction, who was doing a sidewalk repair project down the street. The lowboy had to fight with traffic for a minute to make the Columbus Ave. turn. VMS sure has been doing a lot of work for the town lately. -A Mack belonging to VMS with an Eager Beaver trailer loaded with granite curbing -VMS's Deere 160LC loading a Kenworth.
-Can anyone tell me what Ansaldi is putting up at Manchester Memorial Hospital? They demo'ed 3 or 4 houses for it. -Water Dept. again...not quite the 1250 but a nice EC460B will do. -2 of it working at tearing out the foundation. The ground really shakes when it drops those huge chunks of concrete. -spotted this IR roller over on the side.
A few from a project down the street from the Water Dept...these belong to some friends of ours. -New Holland LS180, I believe -brand new Volvo ECR80? (wow, these small machines escape my mind...) -Akerman EC180, Michigan L70, Deere 450D -...and our tax dollars at work...or not. Elgin Pelican sweeper.
Great pics stretch, that 460 is nicee.
This week, the reconstruction and addition of ramps to Exit 31 of I-84 is in full swing. Mizzy Construction is doing the Westbound ramps and Mather Corporation is doin the Eastbound ramps. A few pics of other projects are thrown in there. -Mather's D8H and 330 sitting at the EB offramp -one of Mizzy's ZX350's sitting above the WB onramp -this is where Hart St. is going to be straightened out and a right-hand turn lane onto the EB lanes is to be added on. -Mizzy 350 on topsoil pile -Calco Construction & Development's Kobelco at the Baldwin Estates development next to Hart St.
As always Stretch, great pics!
-Manchester Memorial Hospital project...Bomag in front and 450 dozer on the left and mini-excavator on the right -Mizzy crews working on the WB onramp this morning -CL&P guys working on the WB offramp -trucking in fill for the EB onramp...not sure if you can see the machine behind the Pete. -330 on the EB offramp...this one crapped out for about a week and HO Penn brought in a brand new 328 on rent. I had no idea they were that small. :beatsme That's all for now...but if anyone is coming through be prepared for the traffic due to lane closures and Hart St. is closed until August 17th (I think).
Lekker pics.
Alright, so I've been slacking off on the actual machines...so here they are from the past two months. -I took these at a dealer in RI while I was there for a few days. They're Kioti tractors. -I thought this was pretty cool, since I hadn't seen one before. A hydraulic thumb on a backhoe! -random of Mizzy's ZX350. -More local work...330 on the island and a 320 farther on, both belonging to Mather Corp. -The morning my cousin and I left for PA, they were screening stuff behind the gas station, with this 966F.
-Another of that morning...just a lineup of equipment and trucks. -In a primarily Cat company, here's a lone 690ELC that's certainly been working its *** off. -Finally on the PA Turnpike...we went past this job a few miles between Carlisle and the first tunnel. Volvo A35D I believe. -P&H truck crane. -Cat 345B.
-330D. -grader w/rippers...is this a 14 or a 16? And a good ol' Mack pulling away. -Hitachi...can't say I remember the model #. -D5M XL. -caught this Deere and a miller outside of the last tunnel.
-The boom end of a Manitowoc 3500 shovel...anyone in SW PA have a guess as to where it is? (hint: it's at the ruins of one of the country's best-preserved beehive coke ovens and a neighbor of Pennsylvania Carbon Co.) I'll try to dig a pic of the whole machine up. -Next three pics: Down the road, there was this pit along the road, I think it was Dunkard Disposal Corp. or something like that. Three 777's, an IR drill on the truck, Cat 992 loader, and several trucks in this pic. -D8 or 9 -385 and D11 :usa random Cat excavator
-Back on the road from Uniontown to New Stanton, we just happened to go by the BAE Systems plant... -three old goodies: a Terex and A-C (?) dozers w/single cylinders and some green iron. -Back home, a 330 again and a brand new D6T -A month ago, we got our permits to build our new house. Our guy came in with his Bobcat and a shear-like attachment. What an efficient process. -another
-and today, we stopped at the Zagray Farm in Colchester, where last year's HCEA National Convention was held. Not as much stuff obviously, but still a lot of iron laying around. Here's an old rusty pan...LeTourneau? -Northwest pullshovel -I wonder what the next pic will be of... -...so here it is...the dragline hardware is on the bottom right. -The cousin machine...this was a good ol' workhorse at the show. (Before anyone asks about pics from the show last year, the camera crapped out on me :Banghead:bash)
hate to till you this stretch but thats not a mill its a shuttle buggy it transfers asphalt from trucks to the paver. nice pics by the way
-a nice little Koehring -Of course, no one shall leave without seeing the beautiful Northwest 80D shovel. -More green anyone? Yet another TC-12 in my findings and also a dump truck. -Clark-Michigan 110 w/Hancock elevator -Bay City 20
D'oh...thanks, we don't see much of those up here so I can only assume...anyway, last batch, I think... -Wow, more pullshovels anyone? -Unit and Bay City -YELLOW!!!! Let's see...Cat blade, Dynahoe, Ford dump truck, IH Payhauler in the back, and an A-W up front. -Bantam backhoe -Last one...Cat rubber-tired excavator owned by F&J, Inc. They have a bunch of equipment along the infamous twin Hills section of 66 in East Hampton, but this was the only one I caught. :beatsme
I thought I should tease you guys for the upcoming season... This is the scene up the street from me, look beyond the Century 21 sign in the center. They have a Moxy, A D7/8, and two Volvo excavators and a loader. Doubt anything else is coming until the houses get put in.
new or old Moxy? I love the old ones! Can't wait to see the pics.
Yes it's an old one, however they haven't been working when I'm home :Banghead so pics will have to wait. In the meantime...here's a few around the area. -New Rite-Aid going up, but only the excavators (and a roller) are in this one, two full-size and one mini all Volvo's. Also on site are Dresser and Deere dozers and Mack and Kenworth tri-axles. -Caught the rear-end of this sweeper on my street yesterday, dumping its contents into one of our Highway Dept.'s Internationals. -Today, this new DOT-owned Deere loader was in the parking lot of a building we own, waiting for whatever reason. -And on the way home, we passed this Grove on I-84...I wish I could have gotten a better one, but I couldn't get a full shot of it going by it. BTW...this object was farther than it appears in the mirror. :bash
Stretch, in this pic you found a unique machine - Good find.
Sorbello Estates, Part 1 & misc. As promised, I went to the subdivision up the street today and got a nice set. The stars of today's show are an EC360BLC and an L90. -Setting the lower part of a manhole section, I'm not really sure what the actual name of it is. -Some of the other equipment: EC160, Moxy ADT, older Chevy fuel truck, late model Kenny, and the site truck is an older Mack or Brockway. Can't tell from a hundred yards off. Some other equipment includes a D7H, a D-5/6 sized Komatsu, and another L90. -craning in gravel around the section -Bringing over the top part for the section with the 90. -Swinging it over, taking out the top few inches of the pile with it.
Same -Doing some backfilling -Some miscellaneous...an EC35 run by Wastewater Services -D3GXL and IT18 at the new pharmacy going in on Route 44 in Coventry -I wish it was a better shot, but damn trees:bash I believe it is a 345 and D6 owned by R. Bates & Sons at the Hartford landfill. I have never heard of the Bates company, anyone know more info on them? -Liebherr 932 at the scrapyard along I-84, also in Hartford
The bottoms are generally called a sump.What street is your project on in Southington?I may take a ride someday.I enjoy your pics.Ron G
Sump...thanks Ron, I knew I heard that somewhere. It's between Mill St. and Farmstead Road, but the pics and the better views are from Farmstead.
nice pics strech!
Thanks,I need to go to Renos for a trim one of these days,will stop by for a peek and a pic or two.Ron G
Sweet! Moi likes them ukes:notworthy
Great pics stretch, keep em commin!
Ladies and gents, I believe it's time to update my photos. -Deere 350 that our farmer neighbor is using to clear out the rest of his field. -one of their three 8450's sitting on the edge of the field with a plow, same day. My Kawi is sitting in front of it for perspective. -Look who was working a few days later... -Manafort's 330, Cat backhoe and the rear end of a Michigan sitting on the Rt. 72 extension. -Same day as the Testa visit (workign behind the building facade in the left background), this Manitowoc was working on the St. Francis hospital addition.
Sorry guys, the rest will have to wait till tomorrow. Lag. :bash
Nice pics. Where is CT is St. Francis Hospital?
Hartford...now time for more pics! -The Case and the Deere belong to the Cape Cod Central/Bay Colony Railroads and are stored at the Yarmouth Wye shops on the Cape. -I just had to get that Autocar... -This Western Star and 966 belong to Hartwell & Sons of Acton, MA, although these machines are working in Taunton. -Don't know the size of the excavators or the skid, just know that's a D5 in the middle.
-The next couple are from one of the neighboring houses being built on our subdivision. and belong to Bergeron Excavating. The dozer looked like a Cat D5-sized machine from a distance, but when I got closer, it bore a strange new number: TD-12. Never heard of it. :beatsme -At least I've heard of a 312. -And now, my office when I'm in class. Well, I mean I went in one day to help out a bit, so I got to drive my baby, the 870 loader, for a while aerating the fields. -The elder 870 running with an overseeder. Everyone likes to pop it in a high gear and pull a wheelie, but I frown upon it. -Meanwhile, work continues down the street. They've eliminated the cul-de-sac, extended the lawns and driveways to the new road, and are putting in sidewalk with one of the loaders and EC160. I'd imagine they'll get to paving later this week or next.
Looks like a 320BL; in decent shape, too. Cool pics.
-The next two are from Stamford Wrecking taking down the old Cheney Tech shops. This one's a 311, and the next is a 330. they also had the 973 and another excavator. -If you look hard enough, you can find equipment anywhere. Here's a boatlift at a marina in Clinton, where we are apparently the new owners of a sailboat... -Same marina, couldn't find a manufacturer on this one. -I'm a Ford man, so I had to snap one of this over at Ali's Nursery. I've got some more, but I gotta start a new thread for them.
Strech, In Colchester, that's my Koehring! It is a 455 Made in 1966, and it has the 4-71 screamin' jimmy in it. This machine is the predecesser to the '66 models I run it during the shows here. Come for a show. 2010 dates are May 1-2 July 17-18 and Oct 2-3
Hi Koehringman, I will mark those on my calendar. I saw your machine work at the National Convention there two years back, I must say it ran very smoothly for the short time I was there. :notworthy
Koehring Yeah, Just got it there the May prior to the show. It was more brown than orange then, & she needed some repairs. One of those being the bucket cylinder which had a blown rod seal. Show came before I could really fix it. For the amount of oil it leaked it was an hour on Saturday and another on Sunday morning. Too bad you missed the Zagray summer show! This year , I was loading trucks & people were trying it out. It's great having a 33 ton Tonka! I have a 466D it right now is off rte. 149 Westchester rd. in Colchester. P.S. The next H.C.E.A. convention is August 2010! Go to nerockbusters.weebly.com
I didn't notice any problems it had at the show. It just kept on digging while I was there! Dad and I have already made plans to be at the National Convention too. It's nice to have it back in New England. The Farigrounds will surely be a great place to have it...plenty of space!
those are some really nice pieces of equipment you have shown man wish i had a chance to run everyone of those
Rolling Stones.. Hey, Cat 980. Come up to Ct. for one of the shows. Dates are listed a few blocks above. I'll let you run the Koehring. We have other operating machines here and a sawmill too.
i would love to come up and do that
Zagray farm Show Hi, Guy's The May show is coming this weekend. 244 Amstonrd , Colchester. Ct. You'll be able to see a lot of the machines that Stretch took pics of operating.
very nice work