Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stuck blade pitch adjuster

Ron ยท 2017-04-24 17:48

I have a 450J and pitched the blade all the way back while using a root rake (to keep the teeth out of the ground and only pick up the brush). Now it seems to be stuck. I'm wondering if it is possible I've run it completely off the threads or something? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Replies3
  1. #1Junkyard2017-04-24 21:37

    All the way back as in the adjustment threads are all inside the turnbuckle? I'd say trash on them has got things stuck. How long was it run all the way in? May take a good soaking with penetrant and a large wrenching implement of some sort to break it loose. Also, pecking on it with a hammer at each end may help loosen things up a bit. I'd say it's just packed with old dry grease, dirt and who knows what else and it's stuck. Maybe even some heat to soften that crud up. Junkyard

  2. #2Ron2017-04-24 22:07

    Thanks! I'll try those things. It was only run in for about a week-prior to that it moved very freely. Thanks again.

  3. #3Bls repair2017-04-29 14:24

    Heat ,heat and more heat