Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

stump spliters

lgammon ยท 2007-10-07 03:53

does any one have any pics of a dozer with a stump spliter on them. i have never seen one but dad has told me stories of when the interstate came through that a crew of men came in after the loggers with big dozers with these big spikes on them that they got the stumps out with

Replies8
  1. #172V2007-10-07 11:24

    Here's a couple.... sorry they aren't closer to show how they are mounted. The first is a D8K with a ripper mounted splitter... barely visible. The second is a D8L at a Ritchie Bros. auction a few years ago I happened to take a picture of. It's kind of odd looking to me, due to the shape of the splitter itself and the model of machine it's on.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2007-11-01 18:12

    That"s cool I never even heard of those before

  3. #3alan627b2007-11-16 19:29

    I've got an old La Plante-Choate brochure that features a front mounted splitter as well, sort of like a V blade with a serrated edge. It's got a lot of interesting devices in it. Someday I'll get a working scanner.... alan627b

  4. #4rino14942007-11-17 06:08

    Wow, I have a stump splitter for our excavator, but never knew them made them for dozers. Pretty neat.

  5. #5powerjoke2010-09-06 21:27

    I know this thread is old as hell but i thought i would reserect it Does anyone have any more pictures or video of a stump splitter? I've never seen one in action or in person for that matter.. Pj

  6. #6Digger Dan2010-09-06 23:18

    I like this version and how easy it seems to be on the machine... YouTube - CBI / Lasco Stump Screw

  7. #7maddog2010-09-07 08:11

    Digger Dan; I watch that video a while back also thought it was a fairly good setup.

  8. #8td25c2010-09-07 21:55

    Here is a Rome K/G blade we use for clearing timber. Stump splitter is on the left side,knife edge across the bottom of the blade.