Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stumped with my CT332

Scotharlan@gmai ยท 2015-11-04 22:41

I have a JD CT332 that all of a sudden wont turn over. Battery is fully charged and there are no codes. Dash is fully lit. I was thinking most likely the starter??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #13rdgendslmech2015-11-05 19:16

    Start with making sure when you turn the key to crank, the exciter wire (small wire on start solenoid) is getting voltage. If it doesn't you could try checking safety switches on the seat and safety bar.

  2. #2Welder70s22016-11-25 20:21

    Same problem I am having the same exact problem at the moment. Any luck with the fix for the problem yet?

  3. #3tool_king2016-11-26 17:47

    I have seen this before ,make sure starter has s good ground,engine block ground to battery is good .just because it is tight does not mean it is good .take off and wire brush cable and block. I you could also have dead stop on starter motor,start solnoid not making good contact inside.

  4. #4JD955SC2016-11-28 01:10

    Check and clean your grounds and cables going to starter then test it with a voltage meter to make sure you are getting power to it when you turn the key. You'd be surprised at the number of issues that can be fixed with those simple steps before jumping to "replace it". I have had loose cables and bad grounds make a starter seem like it's dying, too. Also check fuses and the relay if you aren't getting power.

  5. #5ibhurln2017-01-02 13:35

    i had the same problem guys, the problem was the black female connector wire that plugs into the male blade connector on the starter had popped off. make sure you check that.