Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Subframe cushion??? Where to buy

heymccall · 2021-10-21 18:19

This rubber/ metal cushion has exceeded its service life. What is it called? Where do I buy it? Martin's Welding, who built the body back in '07 has no idea.

Replies4
  1. #1Coaldust2021-10-21 19:28

    Is that bonded to the flat bar? I purchase the plain rubber strip from Seneca Tank Truck in Des Moines, Iowa. It’s shipped rolled up like a donut. Purchase it by the foot. I got the part # somewhere,......

  2. #2Truck Shop2021-10-21 19:29

    I have in the past used UHMW, ground the rail down to bare steel and used Bostic FS1100 and clamped it. One truck I did that to 9 years ago is still running around with it in-place. Once stuck on clean surface 1100 is pretty tough stuff-we use it in refer trailers.

  3. #3crane operator2021-10-21 19:35

    https://stocktonrubber.com/pdfs/rubber-truck-bed-cushion.pdf

  4. #4Coaldust2021-10-21 19:38

    Here is a picture. Most of the tank manufacturers have a channel on the tank sill for the strip to contain it.