operators stating that while driving, if they hit a bump the entire machine shuts down and stops immediately. I cannot reproduce the problem, have checked the machine. cannot find any problems. wondering if someone has ran into this problem?
I have run into it a few times, can be a real nasty thing to find. In the past what I found was the crappy wiring harness that runs from the fuse panel towards the front of the machine doesn't have any loom or protection on it. They just lay the harness in place and for some strange reason it gets worn in places. That and we also found that the fuses would get loose in the sockets or some times even start to melt the back of the fuse panel. It is not a fun job. It can drive you up the wall, you think you have it and one bump and boom. Not sure what year or series your machine is, I cant remember what ours were either, I left that job. Funny how they build a truck for extreme terrain and put such horrible wiring into it. I liked the machines, didn't find them too hard to work on, but really hated the wiring. Hope this helps
thanks I believe it will. Sounds like what I've been looking for, or at least gives me direction. Thanks.
Just thinking back to the last one that I did. It was a problem in the fuse panel. After the repair, to make sure that it didn't do it to the operator again, I took the truck out for a spin. As I have stated in the past, I am not an operator. I can make any machine move and do things but don't ever think of putting me into production. I took the truck to a gravel pit just down the road from the shop and tried to make it fail. THAT was an interesting ride. Wound that sucker up and hit the bumps, went out 6 wheel driving. Did all kinds of things to it. The repair held, and I found out that the truck could take more than I could hahaha.:throwup