Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sugar beet harvest in n wyoming

637slayer ยท 2012-10-16 19:09

here is a couple pics of local farmers getting their sugar beets out of the ground

Replies6
  1. #1JTL2012-10-16 20:49

    You must be somewhere between Lovell and Thermopolis. Saw quite a bit of beet harvesting last week when I rolled that way down from Montana on my way to lovely area of Rawlins.

  2. #2637slayer2012-10-16 21:49

    little town called greybull, 24 miles from lovell, i hope you dont have to spend very much time in rawlins. I forgot to add the few red tractors, everyone in this area use john deere with only a few cih, dealer support i guess. the diggers and defoiliators are arts way, mostly 6 row i think. the last three years they have gone to mostly the aulick live bottoms, with the spread triple axle, must be the biggest payload provider i guess, looks like it would be an expensive investment, nice all around trailer.

  3. #3Pixie2012-10-17 20:04

    Thanks for the pictures ! I really enjoyed driving thru that area several years ago.

  4. #4JTL2012-10-17 21:24

    10-4! Prety sure we chewed on the same dirt that was blowing around! I know I saw those shows the other morning. Small word!

  5. #5Birken Vogt2012-10-17 22:23

    I am ignorant of beets, are those huge piles in the picture by the conveyor the finished product waiting to be shipped out?

  6. #6spectrumsorter2016-04-15 03:17

    The US harvested 1,004,600 acres (406,547 ha) of sugar beets in 2008. In 2009, sugar beets accounted for 20% of the world's sugar production.