Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Suggestions welcome on burnt 215

John K ยท 2015-07-25 21:18

Lost my 215 a couple days ago to an electrical fire in the cab area. Totaled the cab and everything in it. I can only assume that I might was well part it out or find a company that would buy it for parts. Everything worked great up until the fire. I can only assume that replacing the cab and other misc. parts would be cost prohibitive, but I would appreciate your opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

Replies5
  1. #1movindirt2015-07-25 21:21

    Was it insured? If so what have they said about it?

  2. #2John K2015-07-25 21:23

    I'm still checking with my homeowners insurance. I only used it on our property for upkeep (18 acres of wooded land) I have my doubts about coverage on it.

  3. #3El Hombre2015-07-25 23:09

    My brother has a Ford tractor, wiring harness caught fire and his homeowner insurance paid for the repair. I think the important point is not using the hoe for business; if it's just use at home, like a lawn mower, it's gonna be covered. If you use it to make money, then it's a business and requires business insurance.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-07-25 23:39

    I'm pretty sure you could buy another good used machine cheaper than repairing it, the heat does bad things to all sorts of components.

  5. #5John K2015-07-26 09:38

    El Hombre I sure hope you are correct. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. They said they've never handled a claim on a backhoe.