Hi, I have a 2006 Sullair 185 air compressor, I bought it at an auction, I did some work to it and have it running and makes 120 pounds of air, i am a little concerned about there being oil in the air when I open the air valve, is this normal ?
How much water are we talking about? What is your relative humidity? You're going to get condensation from discharge air, it's the nature of things. There are newer machines with various labyrinth cannisters to separate the moisture to a higher level, but there's always going to be "some"
See here. Sullair blowing oil I have a 1996 Sullair 185 DPQ compressor that is having issues. We have been using it to sandblast with and it has been blowing oil into the moisture separator on the blast pot. Also it is blowing oil out of what i assume is some sort of bypasses, one is right above the compressor head on the... HeavyEquipmentForums
Usually it's the oil separator filter in the top of the receiver tank. Check the scavenge tube while in there that someone didn't bend it to the center.
Thank You very much for your professional opinion
No water, it is oil
Then you've been given solid advice. Scavenger and desiccant would be most likely places as mentioned. Good luck