Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sullair Compressor 185 won’t stay running

southernohioce · 2023-08-03 14:42

The compressor is starting, stays running about 25-30 seconds then quits. I have replaced the battery, the oil pressure switch (with the original sullair part). Still this won't stay running. Any help?

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-08-03 15:38

    Welcome to HEF southernohioce . Is the engine starving for fuel possibly ? Pretty sure I know the answer ,but what is the ENGINE model and serial number in that Sullair ?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-08-03 21:27

    Have u unhooked the automatic throttle control to see if it’s related to the inj pump or throttle control.?? 99% of the ones I’ve worked on are FULL OF WATER..(rust) U can adjust the screw to get it to low idle.. run/adjust it to about 1000rpm and wait to see what happens If it has a Stanadyne/RoosaMaster inj pump, try to get the # off the name plate..