Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sullair compressor starting issues

notyepcars1 · 2021-10-10 16:43

I have a sullair 80 GPQ-onan compressor that I recently bought. When I start and hold the override button for 20 seconds and release, the engine dies. Will start right back up, but dies when I release override button. In attached pic, instructions says you hold the override until engine oil pressure reaches 20psi. Any ideas? Can’t find anything on this model. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Junkyard2021-10-10 17:30

    Does it have any low water sensors or low oil level in engine or compressor? I run into that on some of the compressors we rent. Check wiring, sensors etc

  2. #2Coaldust2021-10-10 17:30

    There are a number of safety switches in the start circuit prone to failure. The best way to start is to familiarize yourself with the circuit. A wire diagram will be your best friend. I’ve had good luck finding Sullair wire diagrams on the interwebs.

  3. #3MarshallPowerGen2021-10-10 23:37

    Most like going to have low oil pressure shut off for the engine and compressor. If oil levels are good, you'll need a meter to ohm out sensors and see if either are bad, then follow wiring back and see where there's an issue. That should be a very simple machine to diagnose. Any chance of a wiring diagram somewhere under the lid or behind control door?