Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sullair compressor Trouble

noel foley ยท 2020-04-21 17:23

Thanks for adding me to the Forum, Hi all, I have a Sullair compressor which is very difficult to start and turn over as it is building pressure them moment the engine is turned, when the compressor drive belts are removed, the engine starts instantly with no issues, Also when running it blows out oil at high revs through the air valves. I am running it on compressor 46 oil and have replaced the separator inside, I am not sure weather this is the correct separator for this type of machine as it is very difficult to find anyone with knowledge of this type of compressor In Ireland, I have some serial numbers available for the machine serial number. VH7M 01400P1100526 reference number. 5530500 These numbers are on the reservoir of the compressor unit, 816978 M0902BA The compressor is powered by a Hatz 4 cylinder engine. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Replies1
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2020-04-21 21:10

    Are you opening one of the valves when starting? They need to be able to start unloaded, and then the valve closed once it's running. Compressor oil blowing out of the valves is usually a sign it was shutoff or died with the valves opened, and the filter will be soaked. With a fresh filter and enough runtime to clear the lines, that will usually go away (and rustproof whatever it's running next to).