Hi, I have a 2006 Sullair 185, shuts off after about 30 seconds, get 4 flashes on ssam, code says underspeed, air cleaner is new, battery new, does not seem to be a fuel problem, fires right up after shut down, please help
Have you measured engine speed? Have you run off an alternate source of fuel. Compressor tanks are the most neglected filthiest reservoirs ever. People don't care, don't clean and expect the filters to be a magical cure all. Try running off a 5 gallon pale. Both supply and return. Verify you have clean, unobstructed fuel hoses. ⅜ rubber hose is cheap. Replace it. Check your turbo, is it OK? Do you hear it spooling before she shuts down? Is your speed sensor even generating a pulse? Just some thoughts
What's the Model/Ser? Curious what engine is in it and where it's getting it's speed signal from?
Me too. If I was a betting man I would go with 4024
I've seen that same thing on a Sullair 375, it was the alternator. The tach/speed signal comes from the alternator on most mechanical diesels. The engine is a Cat (not a Perkins, a real Cat)
i just came across this post, and i have the same issue with a sullair 375 that has a cat engine. i will have to check the alternator