Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sum things ya get in the email

PAYTON ยท 2003-12-31 15:33

learn to be an ooperator` lol made me laugh

Replies1
  1. #1Taylortractornu2003-12-31 17:55

    Payton It made me laugh to look how much they charge and the 18 to 21 day 180 hour course. For the 10 grand they charge I can buy a nice Komatsu dozer or a real nice tandem truck. Whats real funny is howmany folks will sign up for this class and pay good money and not be satisfied. I worked on a hob where 2 operators went to work hired in as journey men. Thats the first time I ever saw a cutting edge wear out from back dragging. They basically only learned how to walk a machine around, one hopped in my crane I was running at dinner to give it a try and I had my boom about 10 feet off the ground When he got in it and didnt engage the master clutch he dropped my boom and warped a section. With that course they have they basically earn enought to dig out a stump or move the equipment to a service line. hat got me neither one of the fellas had any previous experience on the job not even as laborers and they lasted about a month running rollers.