Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sumitomo excavator

Patrick M ยท 2015-06-28 04:57

Hi People, I was wondering if any of you may have a Sumitomo LS1600F2 excavator, I would like to hear your thoughts, history, usage, age, problems or whatever on them if possible. Regards:- Patrick M.

Replies13
  1. #1prateek2015-07-09 09:05

    Hello is there anybody who can help.me with Sumitomo LS 280 problem is everything soo slow. Drive,boom,bucket in out.swing.

  2. #2rocknrabbit2015-07-10 09:43

    Mate has had a LS1600 for a few months now. Goes well, punches above it's weight of 7 Tonnes. Looks similar lever and cab style to a mid/late 80's style Kato. He has no manuals or any info on it. I have a photo, haven't learned how to post that though. It's in very usable condition, however it idles a bit roughly and has had to have a link out of the track chains.

  3. #3Patrick M2015-11-08 10:06

    Hi rocknrabbit, Yep, I am quite happy with mine even with the age that it is it still performs very well, I happened to score a users manual and a not so technical workshop manual for mine, the people I buy my spares from copied one of each for me from their library, how lucky was I. Regards:- Patrick M.

  4. #4RonG2015-11-08 10:51

    My mind is going but I know that Sumitomo builds our Linkbelts and Case excavators for the last several years and can't remember what else but I have not run one that I didn't like and they have been pretty much trouble free.They build others but I cannot remember which one.I would not be afraid of them.Ron G

  5. #5Darren19852015-11-27 11:01

    I have a 1985 sumitomo s160 f2 excavator runs good

  6. #6Patrick M2015-11-27 19:57

    Hi Darren, great to hear from a fellow LS1600 owner, mine is a 1976 model so is pretty old but in surprisingly good condition only a few leaks here and there which I am getting on top of. Where do you buy your spare parts from?

  7. #7Darren19852015-11-28 15:36

    I bought the machine at Nash Equipment in New Hampshire and they have a lot of used cylinders and pumps. I've been able to get parts for the four cylinder Isuzu motor at the local Isuzu dealer. I am now trying to find somewhere to buy the sprockets and new chains for the tracks. My excavator has 4500 hours on it and has a few cylinders that seep and the sprockets are just about gone. Other than that it has been a really good machine.

  8. #8rocknrabbit2015-12-05 06:46
  9. #9rocknrabbit2015-12-05 06:50

    Yes and I was wandering about the 1600 designation. Could be 16000lbs, 7200kgs?

  10. #10Patrick M2015-12-09 08:01

    Hi rocknrabbit, I have been away working for a few days henceforth the delay, now the manuals, I would not say that they were full workshop manuals by any stretch of the imagination however they do show the hydraulics layout among other things like general maintenance, oil levels, fill locations etc, etc, but they do not go anywhere near showing you how to dismantle and rebuild any major parts. I find it ok as I am fairly mechanically minded but it may not be what you are looking for. Yep your spot on the 1600 represents 7,500kgs or 7.5 tonne.

  11. #11rocknrabbit2015-12-09 16:00

    Thanks for your quick reply Patrick M, yes, we would be very pleased to get that information you have. We are both handy around machinery as well, it certainly compliments general mechanical knowledge to have some machine specific details too. I have sent you a private message. Thanks!

  12. #12WEN GAYO2020-12-22 23:06

    can anyone help me, does anyone have a repair manual for sumitomo sh60-1 (ls-1600f2)

  13. #13WEN GAYO2020-12-22 23:06

    this my email [email protected]