Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sumitomo excavator

Patrick M ยท 2015-07-07 07:55

Hi People, just adding to my original post. Is there anybody out there that has owned or used a Sumitomo LS 1600F2 excavator at some time in their life? I would dearly love to hear from you if you have. I know they are not the latest "U/bute" excavator out there and I have been asked "do you actually have one of those machines still working" from time to time, but surely they can't be that rare that nobody can reply to my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards:- Patrick M.

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2015-07-07 17:04

    What's wrong with it

  2. #2Patrick M2015-07-08 06:23

    Hi Mike, There's not a lot wrong with it, apart for a weeping cylinder hear and there which I am addressing at present and that it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but it is in surprisingly good nik for it's age, the ground around my area is strewn with very large boulders and hard ground which it handles and anything else thrown at it with ease. I did the post so that I might be able to talk to some other people who have owned one of these machines and learnt a bit more about them but it seem that there is not a lot of these people around.

  3. #3Patrick M2015-07-08 06:26

    Oh I just had a thought or a question, is the Sumitomo excavator the same as a Belt Link?

  4. #4RonG2015-07-08 06:48

    Sumitomo made Link belt and Case among others.Good stuff,I would not be afraid of them.Ron G

  5. #5Patrick M2015-07-08 08:58

    Hi Ron, Given the working experience that I have had with mine I am more than happy with it, people that I have spoken to have said while remembering past experiences that they were excellent.