Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sumptin i found at the truck stop

hoeman600 ยท 2008-07-17 17:43

forgot about this sorry fellas

Replies10
  1. #1tonka2008-07-17 18:44

    :beatsme wonder if he knows he only has 1 horn!

  2. #2Eric2008-07-17 21:24

    I bet his A/C works! Cool picture.

  3. #3Turbo218352008-07-17 21:29

    If this is the D7R I think it is, it sure took a long time to get to that point. There is a company in Lansing Mi that does military work. Last December they received two D7Rs to convert to military specs. Im going to assume that this is one of them. As its not something you see everyday

  4. #4bear2008-07-18 05:40

    I doubt it's done yet at any rate. still needs slat armour put on and some other things I cant remember the names of right now. I'll think of 'em after some sleep prolly.

  5. #5euclid2008-07-18 07:46

    looks like it has re-enforced plexiglass.

  6. #6MKTEF2008-07-18 16:26

    Well, it looks realy finnished to me. There is no welding nuts for anything else than some attachment/holders at the back. If u want to add more armour u need some real solid brackets, or welded nuts to the armour plates already there.(on the outside) Level of armouring is always a discusion, i beliewe a dozer will be working in a controlled smal area so u don't need protection against the biggest and badest projectiles. That one's got armoured glass, armouring all around, bullet proof cooling slots both front and on the side of the engine. I would say a realy good job done on the cabin, as u got real good view out of that one. And thats not always the result when adding armour to standard equipment. Still think that IMI has the best solution for dozers.(Israeli Military Industries) And i got a brochure in my office.....

  7. #7crash9352008-07-18 21:43

    Thats odd for a Keen truck, usually they have all the bells ,whistles, and horns. Looks like you found him at the Brookville TA?

  8. #8hoeman6002008-07-19 05:04

    ding,ding,din,ding we got a winner:usa yep it was in brookville pa. about a month ago. we stoped to get somthing to eat.

  9. #9hhmarshall2008-07-19 22:16

    Check out this article... D9 CAT Takes RPG Hit and Lives It has several pages. From what I understand, IMI has designed the armor kits that are used on the dozers. They have been using them to level pieces of Palestine for years.

  10. #10D5G2008-07-19 22:35

    those military machines are really cool. Would be cool to see the transformation in progress. Thanks for the pics!