Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunbelt Rentals Bobcat

hiluxman ยท 2012-03-05 19:34

How dose Sunbelt buy green bobcats and can anyone elese buy one why are they the only ones that have bobcat other couler I find some in eroupe green are these sunbelt machines in europe

Replies13
  1. #1KSSS2012-03-05 20:21

    I am not sure if BC paints them green or if Sunbelt paints them on their own, but they do that with everything backhoes, skid steers of all makes. Everything is green. Sunbelt must be rolling over their fleet. I am seeing a bunch of green 580's for sale here and some Bobcats. That green paint has to kill the resale value of these machines.

  2. #2CM19952012-03-05 20:40

    I have seen a tractor trailer load of new Bobcats painted green without Sunbelt logos traveling down I-65. I wondered as well if Bobcat painted them in the factory. One would assume that Bobcat would paint them pink if you bought enough of them.

  3. #3QuickTrax2012-03-05 20:49

    The Sunbelts I deal with have painted some of their own.

  4. #4Colorado Digger2012-03-05 20:50

    when i visited the liebherr factory in late november the gentlemen giving me the tour informed me that they(liebherr) will apint you tractor un your preferred company colors at thier factory. so maybe that is what bobcat is doing. i wonder if the green kills the resale value? probably so. regards, cd

  5. #5VoodooMojo2012-03-05 23:04

    We paint our equipment (boomlifts, scissors, telehandlers, etc) green for Sunbelt as do other manufacturers as well. With electrostatic painting and powder coating it is not a big option to do so. Mostly equipment going to Europe or Asia get different colors, not so much in the USA.

  6. #6willie592012-03-05 23:23

    I know when Sunbelt JLG machines leave the JLG factory, they are Sunbelt green. Would be no surprise to me if Bobcat didn't do the same.

  7. #7Digdeep2012-03-06 07:32

    They get all of their fleet painted green. I've seen both green PT70 and PT80 Terex CTLs going down the interstate.

  8. #8JCBiron2012-03-06 09:39

    Any JCB units that Sunbelt gets are painted green from the JCB factory. Not only does it probably affect resale, but if you think about it, the OEM brand awareness is also minimized. I'm sure this is by (Sunbelt) design, but the OEM's definitely don't get the recognition that they would with, say, Hertz or United.

  9. #9crewchief8882012-03-07 19:25

    sunbelt's bobcats arrive at the dealer green. :drinkup

  10. #10340plot2012-03-09 02:22

    i worked at a shop, that sunbelt subbed out the painting to us, for loaders, trailers, and alot of bobcats

  11. #11Abscraperguy2012-03-09 10:16

    I say it helps lots for resale. Not value, just resale. Now when I see something green I just make a big loop around it so I don't get anywhere near it.

  12. #12Dazigg2012-05-28 19:14

    I can answer that, I work for Sunbelt. The vast majority of all our machines are painted green by the manufacturer. Not just by Bobcat, but all of them.

  13. #13Scrap2012-06-03 18:13

    most dealers repaint the machines and decal them to look factory again. No one wants to pay top dollar for a machine harry homeowner treated like a bad stepchild, factory repaint and decals ad at least 3k to the machine