Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunk it

CinOK ยท 2009-11-25 10:04

OK Don't laugh but a few months ago I buried my 450b in a sink hole in the driveway (1000' ft) got it out and stupid me blew apart the radiator with a pressure washer while trying to de mud it. So i took it a rad shop they said needed re core $800 this is not a work related machine but rather we bought it to clear and do some work on the property. The tanks got misplaced so I needed to find a used one not an easy task well its here. Couple of questions I plan on replacing all fluids belt hoses. the machine has been sitting apart for 3 months not in the best now with the weather. I was wondering if i could just get the rad in and leave the nose off to move it into a covered area. The nose seems like its pretty structural. Also is there anything else I should do. It was buried half up the nose and to the top of the tracks. :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:drinkup

Replies2
  1. #1Greg2009-11-26 08:02

    Which tanks got misplaced? machinerytrader.com parts section is good place to look for parts you may need. All you need are the part numbers. I have had the "nose cone" off of my 450C when I pulled the engine to replace the clutch. No doubt about it, it is a hoist job as you know. Got another machine that you can use to push it into covered area?

  2. #2CinOK2009-11-26 09:15

    I found a complete Rad from schaefer through machinary.com got it yesterday. No i dont have anything to push it with. Guess we wil asssemble in place. Thanx