Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunward 2810 skidsteer control problem

oxnop ยท 2016-01-21 17:28

Machine is a 2007 vintage with 980 hours since new. Without load machine operates perfectly, however, on lifting reasonable weight, but less than maximum allowed, when the control input to tip the bucket or forks forward, the bucket falls forward without resistance. Machine has a levelling valve and no hydraulic leaks. Any recommendations as to where to start (control block/levelling valve/rams) would be very much appreciated. I have operators manual and spares book, but would welcome any info on hydraulic circuit. I understand the hydraulics are REXROTH. Kind regards and wishing all a problem free 2016.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-01-21 17:44

    I know Sunward somewhat as a company, have never been around the skid steers though. Is this something new, or has been the same since new? What kind of controls, mechanical linkage, hydraulic oil pilot, electric/electronic? Sounds like either the control valve is not metering return oil from the cylinder or the controls are not modulating properly.

  2. #2crewchief8882016-01-23 08:47

    my 1st thought would be leaking piston seals. does it drift without a load too? :drinkup