Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Super Trak

05rammer ยท 2009-12-06 16:01

Does anyone know any thing about these machines? The look like a Cat desinged for rinning a mulcher. It has oil coolers on the roof and something on the sides behind the tracks. I was wondering if you could still use it for gradeing or any other skidsteer jobs not just mulching.

Replies15
  1. #105rammer2009-12-08 21:56

    does anybody kknow anything about them

  2. #2curbside2009-12-09 10:36

    I don't own one but they are a custimized Cat machines that have engines replaced and larger pumps put on some models with extra cooling. I think at one time they used Takuetchi skids but might be wrong. They are expensive but some guys who use them say they work great.

  3. #3curbside2009-12-09 10:40

    Google Super Track and their web site will come up.

  4. #405rammer2009-12-09 12:48

    Thanks keep the info coming

  5. #5Timark802009-12-09 18:30

    Super Trak Takeuchi 150's Last year before buying a T320 I looked at and operated 2 different Tak 150's.They were well used,one had 600 hrs,the owner said all he used it for was mulching.It needed a few repairs but still ran ok he wanted $72k. The other Tak 150 had 950 hrs and it needed some work but ran ok at the time,he wanted about $65k. The tracks on both machines were shot out,winches did not work,and some other things. I went to supertrak in port charlotte and looked at a new 150, $108k.It was nice.The 150's are no longer being made now it's called a 250. Chuck and Tom are super.They will help you with whatever you need. I did not look at the Cat 287's or 299's they cost nearly $200k new. The only reason I bought a new 09' T320 is because it was a lot closer and came loaded for $78K with a forestry kit,fecon/bobcat mulcher head and bucket.

  6. #605rammer2009-12-10 21:04

    Well for that kind of money I will buy a high flow skid steer and mulcher.

  7. #7Timark802009-12-10 21:32

    The Super Traks are a very well built machine and I'd love to own one but, the 320 is a good all around machine for my needs. No matter what you buy, they all have their good and bad points.

  8. #8Orchard Ex2009-12-10 22:06

    FWIW - I hear that Tak is offering the TL250 in a forestry version that specs like the SuperTrak version of the 150.

  9. #9Timark802009-12-10 22:51

    Sounds good. Some pictures of that would be nice

  10. #1005rammer2009-12-11 10:01

    That would be assome because I was probally going to get one until I found the Supertrak.

  11. #11dsteger2009-12-11 22:39

    Here is more info on the takeuchi 250 http://www.aefinley.com/equipment.php?view=detail&id=200907271521519393 http://www.aefinley.com/uploads/products/pdfs/20090727152236883294.pdf

  12. #1205rammer2009-12-12 10:02

    Thanks for the links. That thing looks assome! Do you know how much those opions are?

  13. #13catmtl2009-12-12 15:43

    I had a chance to run a Super Trax, Fantastic machine. Better than any hi flow mulcher I have used http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm50/jhigh1313/?action=view&current=MVI_3042.flv

  14. #1405rammer2009-12-14 19:04

    What is the price on a new Supertrak?

  15. #15Jim Davis2009-12-27 20:12

    Depends on what you want; they do a lot of custom builds. I visited their shop about 3 or 4 years ago and was very impressed with the professionalism, reasonable pricing and end results. Also test ran a Tak TL-150 and found it to be a super performer.