Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SURVIVOR

petepilot ยท 2022-02-15 20:14

Look what i found in a friends back yard today

Replies16
  1. #1crane operator2022-02-15 20:42

    Those back mast with the cylinder and cables for boom up and down has always made my head hurt looking at them. I've never run one, but they sure look strange. Plate says 00 on it, so somebody had her on the road in the last 20 years. Shouldn't be any bad electronics keeping it from working. Get some fresh fuel in it and start making smoke!

  2. #2petepilot2022-02-15 21:02

    Is fully operational i`m told. I like that towmotor counter weight

  3. #3skyking12022-02-15 21:08

    that is 9 kinds of cool

  4. #4crane operator2022-02-15 21:32

    Yeah- some poor forklift didn't make it to the scrapper with its counterweight.

  5. #5Quick_Mick2022-02-16 22:40

    What a beauty

  6. #6Toolslinger2022-02-23 04:29

    So H5 that managed to loose the original counterweight I guess? It sure would be nice to have that longer boom compared to my H3... Is that the jib as well I see peeking out from behind the boom?

  7. #7emmett5182022-02-23 05:12

    Those Mack B series are gorgeous enough to be in an art museum.

  8. #8DMiller2022-02-23 07:34

    For us Taller 'Larger' skin types they NEED to be in a Museum, banged my head in more than one of those on test drives at 6'2".

  9. #91693TA2022-02-23 07:49

    For me to keep mine for 43 years now you know they're a thing of beauty. Of course there is that "only a mother could love" thing too.....

  10. #10Natman2022-02-25 00:02

    Yup, nothing like looking at a dog's rear end while going down the road. I do it about every day.

  11. #11skyking12022-02-25 00:53

    Very cool! Now we need pictures of your H3 setup. Yes that looks to be a jib too. Quite the crane IMO.

  12. #12Toolslinger2022-02-25 15:16

    We've done this already... HeavyEquipmentForums Unfortunately, I really haven't been able to get back to it since 2020. Lots of medical issues with my folks, and now dealing with the estate. I'll get back to it this summer hopefully. At least get it started, and run through all the movements to keep things lubed.

  13. #13petepilot2022-02-25 17:32

    it is

  14. #14skyking12022-02-25 20:36

    Thank you, that thread was before my time. I have seen those cranes pop up now and then.

  15. #15Toolslinger2022-02-25 23:49

    I should add, that the gantry setup doesn't do boom up/down. That's handled by a regular cylinder under the boom, the gantry is cable up/down. No argument though, it still looks weird.

  16. #16crane operator2022-02-26 00:14

    All I could remember is that gantry raised up and down and moved something. Thanks for the info, I hope I don't need it.