Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Suspected egr cooler volvo a30g

satkinson ยท 2024-03-19 07:44

Afternoon I have a 2017 Volvo A30g s/n VCE0A30GL00342326 ive noticed a slight drop in the coolant level approx 3 to 4 litres over a week, the machine is putting out white steam for the first 5 mins of operation, does anyone know if they are prone to the egr coolers going bad Thanks Steve

Replies2
  1. #1sfrs42024-03-27 05:08

    Not something i've heard of failing. Look at injector sleeves first, it its using water are you replacing with just straight water or proper VCS and water mix?

  2. #2satkinson2024-03-27 07:03

    We always top up with VCS mix. Thinking about it I did have to empty the water trap a couple of times recently but I thought it might be condensation build up as the truck had been left over a weekend without being topped up with fuel, the injector sleeves would explain this though. Thanks for your reply Steve