Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Suspension seat pedestal repair

ddk114 ยท 2019-03-18 04:48

I have come with a way to repair worn suspension seat pedestals that have dropped down and are now binding in the seat turn mechanism. I could make a repair kit and instruction sheet up if there is a need. A new case seat pedestal base is over $700. Let me know what you think.

Replies6
  1. #1Grambo2019-03-18 16:57

    I'm new here just acquired a 580c last spring and have working on getting her into shape this forum has been a godsend of helpful information. Sounds good to me, I have a case 580c and it's an issue any thoughts would be helpful.

  2. #2Tinkerer2019-03-18 17:33

    Welcome to HEF, Grambo ! What is the issue (problem) you are having with your580C ?

  3. #3Grambo2019-03-18 19:33

    Thanks for the welcome, The seat basically you pull the seat up on the pedestal then sit down and the seat drops to the lowest level, been working on other fixes such as all cylinders redone except the two on the swing for the boom, new alternator, new starter ( this was a trip showed battery voltage thru the case of starter was the battery lug isolator was broken on the inside when you tighten the nut to secure the wire caused direct short, new radiator, new hoses, new thermostat flushed all fluids dropped shuttle pan cleaned pickup screen, new tires, and now injector pump rebuild, and new belt and water pump. guess I'm just fixing some stuff as I have the front end off might as well get to it sooner than later, this machine yes is 40 years old and had been sitting for the last eight years only has 2500 hrs and the air cleaner date coincides with the hrs meter whew that was a lot Ived learned a lot about construction toys want to play with the big toys expect to pay. Oh I forgot all new lights too hers a pic

  4. #4Theweldor2019-03-18 21:32

    I'll tell you that you have that machine looking pretty nice for being 40 some years old. Almost forgot... Welcome to the Forum.

  5. #5Tinkerer2019-03-19 15:08

    Nice !! It is always nice to see older equipment restored to like new condition.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2019-03-24 14:06

    Hey Gambro welcome to HEF, on your seat problem does the locking pin engage the holes in the seat stem when it comes up?