630 hours or so on the machine, was running just fine one day and parked it. A few days later we start it and it has code E9101, red triangle with exclamation point, and shuts the engine off by itself after 1 minute. The only thing I find for this code is "Fuel or rail pressure system" with no clear solution. We took off the fuel water separator and completely cleaned out all the gunk. We installed a brand new fuel filter. It starts and runs great (no stuttering, nothing weird sounding) for exactly 1 minute, still shows the code, and shuts off. Any clues on what else to check or replace? There is a fuel pump located on top of the fuel water separator that might be the next thing replaced for about $185. Hate to just keep chasing things though if someone has better ideas. Also once fixed, will these clear the code by themselves, is there a method to clear the code that doesn't involve a trip to the dealer or a diagnostic tool hooked up? Thanks!
Little update. Installed the new fuel pump part # RD411-51353. Blew through all the fuel lines in and around the pump, filter, and air/fuel separator. Blew through the metal 90deg elbows that are on the aluminum cap of the air/fuel separator as I read the elbows can clog easily but they seemed fine. Unfortunately the E9101 still exists, engine ran for the 1 minute again then automatically shuts itself off. Any thoughts from anyone at all?
I know this an old thread. did you find a fix im having the same issue
Just checked a list I have and a E9101 code is for fuel rail or system pressure. So once you have changed out all the fuel filters, cleaned the filter head passages, Tested the filter fuel feed line for flow. Test the fuel return line for blockage ( not sure if it goes back to tank or not ) . Not sure what kind of pressure regulator or check valve they have on the return. Test these things first before firing the parts cannon. Maybe someone else will make suggestions. Simon C
10-4 i will try that tomorrow Just picked up new filters.
Here’s a strange thing for you. I had a customer with several different pieces of equipment that was parked beside each other every night. One of those was a Kubota Svl 95. There was several times that dam machine wouldn’t run right, never any of the others. I ended up finding chewed wires from a rat. I repaired the damage and the next day same problem. That dam rat had come back during the night and chewed the wiring right next to where I had repaired the wiring the day before. The customer bought 40 bucks worth of rat poison and threw it in every nook and cranny. Never had the problem on that job after that. I have no idea what Kubota uses in their electrical wiring insulation, but rats just can’t resist it.
The insulation is made with peanut oil. lol
I’ve checked the wiring. Not very close but what I can see it all started with code E9302 ive checked the fuel water separator it clean no leaks. Checked the 90 that seems to always get clogged changed fuel filter blew back hose to tank now getting the E9101 code