I am digging a pond in a pasture on my ranch, and I am using the dirt from the bottom to reinforce the dam so it doesn't wash out the road below it. In doing this, my SVL-75 CTL has have thrown a track 3 times, with the proper tension on them as deemed by the manufacturer. I am also having a track problem with my John Deere 70D Mid size excavator. It keeps throwing tracks, even though the tracks are to the correct tension.
How many hrs on that set if tracks?
Make sure your idlers are in good shape. They should be snug in the rail frame and the idler to pin should be tight. Also, if your working sideways on a slope, or in mud...…..or both, tighten your tracks even more. The weight of the machine going horizontal on a severe slope will constantly try to walk your track off, providing they are the rubber tracks..
Yep need to be a little tighter on side slopes...that is why on side slope jobs i bid a little higher to cover track costs
I believe they are the original set,as the machine only has 2500 hrs on it, and was only used for nursery work for the first half of its life. Still plenty of tread, but may be time for new ones.
As for the hoe, unknown hrs on the tracks, as the hour meter quit working about 5 years ago.
2500 hrs...holy crap...i never get that on any of my ctls....i never wear out threads either..they either split or the inner teeth fall out...best i ever did was 1700 hrs on a c227 new holland most are 1000 hrs
Our SVL90 tracks (second set) have 1200 on them, split/cracked and cant keep them tight anymore! I'm finding you tighten and within a few hrs there loosening again!! I'm thinking yours are stretched out aswell.... Our new 95 has the directional new pattern tracks, curious to see how they hold up and how much more repair we are gonna be into
You might check your track adjust cylinder as well.
What would be the telltale signs that something is wrong with it. I am fairly new to this CTL, so I don't know whats good and what's not.
Grease coming out of seal end or out of grease fitting.
Mustang & Gehl Compact Track Loaders
You may have snapped the steel cable in the tracks.
Avoid counter rotating- do three point turns whenever possible Watch angle of attack going up slopes, much better to go straight on as opposed to going up at a shallow angle If the grounds has rock, make a conscious effort to keep material out of UC The Tak I used to own was bad at this as well, as are the Tak minis I currently own. it amazed me how small a mistake or a small rock could wreak havoc. Bottom line, your machine is not alone with this style of track system throwing tracks.
If you get a mound of dirt up next to the tracks and there are a lot of round rocks etc, then this can cause the machine to loose tracks. Avoid swivel turns, and do long wide turns and getting dirt and rocks up into the tracks. I bet you need new sprockets, but I doubt that is the problem.